2019 AGM. 18th Dec 2019.
The 2019 AGM took place Wednesday 18th in Courtlough and was well attend by participating clubs. The 2020 committee was elected is as follows
Chairman: Austin Gilligan
Secretary / Stats Officer: Clara Flynn
Hon Treasurer: Billy Ryan
I would like to acknowledge and thank our outgoing Chairman – Mark Thorne (Millhill) for his years of commitment to the Leinster Inter Club League both as a shooter and chairman and wish him well for the future. Mark has made an outstanding contribution to promoting clay target shooting both through his club and the Leinster league.
I would also like to thank Clara Flynn for her contribution throughout 2019 as Stats Officer and look forward to working with her again this coming year as League Secretary & Stats Officer.
A provisional start date for the 2020 league is Sat / Sun 8th & 9th February, full shoot details to follow. This year we have nine clubs committed to holding a league shoot, and a further five clubs entering teams. Unfortunately Harbour House & Balheary will not be in a position to hold shoots in 2020 but will be entering teams. We will also have a new venue during 2020 – Ballivor Clay Target Shooting Club.
Silverline catering have also committed to providing catering at the shoots and sponsorship for 2020, many thanks to the McManus family & their team.
Before the year end we will be contacting each participating club with a list of their 2019 members, we would ask each club to review this list under the following criteria.
- Members who shot for them in the 2019 league and will continue to shoot for them in 2020.
- Delete any shooters who will not be participating in the 2020 league
- Update any new members who will be shooting the 2020 league
- Check with each shooter to determine what category they qualify for, (Colt under 16yrs, Junior 16yrs to 21yrs, Senior 21yrs to 60yrs, Vets 60yrs to 65yrs and Super Vets 65yrs & above. (Note: Age is applied, as of the start date of the 1st shoot of the 2020 league)
- The list will also indicate the class each shooter will be in for the 2020 league based on their best 6 scores from the 2019 league.
- New shooters in the 2020 league will be classified after 3 scores have been submitted and will be classed on the day for their initial first 3 scores in relation to the club average.
- Remember all shooters must have a valid firearms licence for the firearm they use at each shoot and also must have insurance.
Lastly, I would like to thank everyone who supported the league in 2019 and look forward to your continued support in 2020. Happy Christmas, Good Health and Safe Shooting in 2020
Austin Gilligan – Chairman.